!!! FREE FREIGHT !!!
These new arms will add an extra 2 degrees of caster over the OE arms. Supplied complete with a brand new OE spec forged pivot bolt with new OE spec rubber bushings.
Sold as a pair kit with hardware included, These Roadsafe 4wd UCA's are a cost effective & simple solution to your alignment problems. Blackhawk UCA's use OE size parts (bushes and ball joints) meaning spares can be obtained from any spare parts shop, or genuine from Ford.
- 2 x Blackhawk UCA's pre-fitted with OE style rubber bushes
- 2 x Roadsafe HD Ball Joints pre-fitted to the control arms
These UCA's are designed to fit:
- Nissan Navara D22
Roadsafe 4WD have identified a requirement for a program supplying replacement Upper Control Arm’s (UCA) that are fitted to a wide range of late model IFS vehicles. As a result Roadsafe now have available the “Blackhawk UCA” program featuring products that will simply “bolt-in” offering marked improvements over the OE design, for a variety of applications.
The evolution of the Blackhawk UCA’s…
When a vehicle has raised suspension (this can be anything from 30mm or above) it will disrupt the vehicles relationship with factory set geometry and create issues such as…
- Reduced caster correction – causing vague steering and response
- Bump steer resulting in reduced handling – with an out of control feeling
- Clearance issues to suspension & wheels/tyres – larger wheels can hit suspension components
- Some standard vehicles can have an issue of the UCA hitting the coil on full droop
- Strength of OE equipment in off road scenarios
Roadsafe 4WD have developed their Blackhawk UCA range of product drawing from over 30 years of experience in the manufacture & supply of chassis parts including a full range of steering & suspension components. The Blackhawk UCA’s have been designed in conjunction with industry experts to ensure vehicle fitment is comprehensive. During the development process a large number of potential issues associated with lift were identified, and subsequent features were built into the product to overcome of offset them.
Features standard to the Blackhawk UCA’s are:
- 3 degrees of fixed Caster correction Roadsafe have identified this as the perfect amount of correction required for lifts ranging from 30-70mm. By providing a bulk, fixed amount of caster, this offers the ability to utilise the factory adjustment to fine tune the caster required for the vehicles lift, with the UCA not being the limiting factor for increased droop relative to the other components.
- Clearance to larger aftermarket wheels & tyres – we often see larger than standard size tyres with wheel offsets having clearance issues to the OE UCA, our Blackhawk UCA’s minimise this as much as possible.
- Clearance to suspension components & chassis – a large number of OE UCA’s hit the coil or the chassis mounts on during the suspension travel limiting the amount of travel you can achieve, with revised bends and clearances identified the Blackhawk UCA’s will not contact the strut or the chassis limiting travel unless specifically designed to do so.
- Increased strength compared to the OE design – The design of the Blackhawk arms have shown with the use of FEA to be much stiffer than the OE arms, providing the driver with increased handling and response when the Blackhawk arms are fitted when compared to the OE arms, this is illustrated by the amount of deflection the FEA results have provided, with 3 times less deflection in the Blackhawk UCA’s. Does this rigidity negatively transfer to the vehicle? – No, because the Blackhawk UCA’s use OE Rubber bushings, any NVH (Noise, Vibration and harshness) is absorbed in the rubber bushings before it makes it way to the chassis, you may find an increase in wear in the bushings which is directly related to how you drive the vehicle, the bushings are a consumable component of any vehicle, however you should expect years of trouble free service before you should need to replace the bushings.
- Heavy Duty Long life Ball joints – Roadsafe 4wd specially redesigned the OE ball joint into a more robust design, due to the nature of the application the 4wding community requiring a serviceable component. Subsequently Blackhawk UCA’s have a ball joint that is manufactured in the “hard to hard” style with a locating nylon disc that the ball stud terminates against, grease is pumped into the assembly through the top keeping everything lubricated and keeping any potential contaminants out of the boot region. The ball studs and seat area of the housing are all heat treated forming a hardened surface with the purpose of long life and limited wear.
Blackhawk arms have been designed and manufactured to be ADR Compliant; this is a confusing term within the industry as there is not an ADR (Australian Design Rule) to comply with specifically for this product group.