NOTE : All of our DT79A Thermostats now include the foot valve spaced ready to fit straight into your TD42.
These thermostats are longer in the body than standard and block the bypass therefore allowing no hot water to circulate until thermostat opens, they have been proven to make a substantial difference in the TD42 engines, especially ones that have the "kettle" heating issue.
Suits all Patrol 4.2L Diesel Engines,GQ TD42, GU TD42T & GU TD42Ti
This kit includes the Thermostat and a Genuine Nissan Thermostat Gasket as well as a bottle of Red Line WaterWetter.
We run this thermostat ourselves and recommend them as do many other knowledgeable people in the industry specialising in TD42's.
- Flange diameter: 54mm
- Height: 62mm
- Flange to base: 40mm
- Vent valve: 29mm
- Celsius: 82°C
- Fahrenheit: 180°F
Dayco thermostats are designed to OEM specifications and come with a heat sensing wax filled copper power pill that detects the coolant temperature in the engine. The Dayco thermostat's amazing heat sensing power pill controls coolant flow from the radiator when the engine is cold to reach optimum operating temperature quickly. It then allows coolant to circulate through the engine when operating temperature is reached to create the perfect temperature controlled engine environment.
- Unique agent for cooling systems that doubles the wetting ability of water
- Rust and corrosion protection allows for use of straight water in racing or reduced antifreeze levels in warm climates
- Improves heat transfer and reduces cylinder head temperature
- May allow more spark advance for increase power and efficiency
- Use one bottle for most passenger cars and light trucks, treats 3 to 5 gallons or 13.2 to 15.9 liters, vehicles with larger cooling systems should use two bottles, small cooling systems should use 1oz (3 to 4 capfuls) per quart
- Compatible with new or used antifreeze (including DEX-COOL® and long-life versions) to improve the heat transfer of ethylene and propylene glycol systems
- Satisfies ASTM D2570 and ASTM D1384 corrosion tests for glycol-based antifreezes
- Contains no ethylene glycol
RedLine Water Wetter