Enerdrive ePOWER DC2DC+ Battery Charger 40A
- Two totally independent DC Inputs for both engine and solar regulation charging one house battery bank output
- DC M6 screw terminals that will allow for large battery cable connection between all sources
- A dedicated Maximum Power Point (MPPT) solar regulator
- The same battery algorithms as included in our AC mains ePOWER battery charger. GEL, AGM, Flooded, Lithium and the ability to create a full custom profile
- Vehicle input allows for either 12 or 24v and a maximum solar input of 45V/800W
- 40A output up to 40+°C with thermo controlled fan cooling
- Fully programmable LCD display to show which source is charging the battery along with charger status, voltage and amperage
- Temperature sensor included in charger for more accurate battery charging
Multistage Charging Process
Stage 1 – Bulk or Boost charge; The battery is charged at full rated output current of the charger until the battery reaches its final charging voltage, known as its absorption voltage. In this step, around 80% of the battery is recovered as fast as possible.
Stage 2 – Absorption Charge; With the charger voltage held steady, the remaining 20% is replaced with the charger allowing the current to taper off as the battery approaches full charge.
Stage 3 – Float; Finally, in the float stage the charger voltage is lowered and held at a constant and safe predetermined level. This prevents the battery from being overcharged, yet allows the charger to supply enough current to make up for the self-discharge losses of the battery, while supporting any additional loads connected to the battery (such as DC lighting and refrigerators). This stage allows for the charger to be used as a DC power supply.
Smart Charging Feature
The ePOWER DC2DC+ Battery Charger will regulate its output based on the loads connected to your battery bank. This function is important to maintain the life of your battery bank as some battery chargers mistake loads for discharge and continue to keep the batteries in the bulk or absorption stage for extended periods of time, which will damage the battery bank. The ePOWER DC2DC+ Battery Charger has two methods of load based regulation to ensure your battery charger transitions to float when it should do so.
Battery Temperature Sensor
Included standard with all ePOWER Battery Chargers.
|Output Voltage||12V Nominal (8.0V min)|
|Output Current (Maximum)||40A ~ 50A|
|Charger DC Output (CH1):|
|Selectable Battery Type||Gel, AGM, Flooded, Lithium, Program|
|Charger Voltage Range||13.8V – 15.5V|
|Float Voltage Range||13.0V – 13.8V|
|Charger Current (User Selectable)||5/10/15/20/25/30/35/40/45/50A (default 40A)|
|Equalize Voltage (Flooded Battery)||15.5V|
|Equalize Charging Current||10% of Bulk Current Setting|
|Charging Control||2 stage / 3 stage selectable (Default 3 stage)|
|DC Output Bank||Single|
|Current draw from CH1 when in use||= < 50mA|
|Battery Temperature Setting||Low/ Normal/ High (Battery Temperature Sensor Standard)|
|INPUT Rating (CH2 – MPPT Solar)|
|Input Voltage||14.5 – 45VOC|
|Maximum Input||≤ 23V input, 500W (600W allowable) ≥37.5V-45V input, 750W (800W allowable)|
|INPUT Rating (CH3 – Start/Alternator)|
|Input Voltage||10.5 – 16VDC / 21 – 32VDC|
|Note: Specifications subject to change without notice.|
|Height x Width x Depth||242mm x 172mm x 74mm|
|Unit Weight||1.85 Kg|
|Shipping Weight||2.17 kg|